Friday, July 14, 2006

Flight Home

My flight was at 9.15pm. The first stage from Sydney to Dubai , approx 14 hours, then Dubai to Heathrow, 7 hours...tried sleeping on th plane but not that successful..watched a few movies..took it easy...

Landed 12:15pm, 12th July.

Chilled out at home a while before going up mum and dads - Leaving my house which had looked so tidy looking like a bomb had hit it!

Still rushing around I drove up to Hammesmith to met Karen, from Melbourne and her friend Ava, both of whom I'd last seen in Melbourne. I started flagging at about 10:30pm whilst sat in the pub, infact I could have just fallen asleep there. The weirdest thing with being back in the UK was that it didn't get dark until gone 9pm - Of course in Oz I'd been watching sunsets at about 5-5.30pm each day as it was Winter.

..it looks like I also have no worries with time differencies as not really suffered at all! In fact I'm feeling great (well apart from the fact I'm now in the UK jobhunting!!

So I suppose this should be my last post - I can't express enough how fantastic the last 3 months have been and especially the last 5 weeks whilst travelling - I've met some really terrific people and hope that I will at least keep in touch with a few of them and hopefully sometime in the future maybe met some of them again...

1 Comments:

At July 17, 2006 12:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,
It's been a pleasure reading your blog over the last couple of months, and it's so sad to see it end so soon! Good luck with the job hunting, and I hope you get something in a relatively short timeframe. At least you've got some nice weather there - it's been raining in Melbourne for the last 4 days. Will e-mail/text you soon. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home